Thursday, May 2, 2013

Nantucket Bound...


No,  I am not on my way to vacation in Nantucket, or anywhere for that matter (oh I wish).  But, this sweet little top just looks like it belongs in the quiet, preppy, nautical town of Nantucket (or at least that is what Nantucket is in my mind).

Look at that peter pan collar - the little peplum - the puffed sleeves...








Ahhhhh sweetness.

yep, I love this little face ;o)

I was so honored to be chosen to test Popolok Designs' new pattern the Nelia Top/Dress that is being released Today.  I am a sucker for any pattern that has variations - and this one does not disappoint   There are three neckline options, three sleeve options, and three skirt lengths.

I chose the peplum length with the peter pan collar and the puff sleeve - hmmm a little 'P' obsessed   I would label this pattern as a Beginner/Intermediate pattern.  It isn't super hard, but you do need to do button holes or snaps for the front.  I added the binding to the bottom of the peplum (because I was short on the main fabric... oops) to make the look cohesive... this isn't included in the pattern, but it easy to do and gives such a  pretty finished hem.

If you aren't familiar with Popolok, you should check them out... she has quite a few unique designs that fit a variety of skill levels.  One of the things that impressed me was how pretty the instructions are - ok, yes, this is a PDF pattern, but it is arranged so sweetly with tons of pictures and these adorable little birds that denote hints and tricks to make putting the garment together easier.  I'm a sucker for little details like that ;o)


So Check out her Shop and maybe we can be Nantucket bound together ;o)

HUGS!


7 comments:

  1. So sweet! As always, great fabric combination...so summery! Lengthened, this would also make a great dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful little top!!! I really like your addition to the bottom... sets it off nicely. Agree with Heidi... it'd make a lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I'm so cheap on patterns, I usually draft my own or use the ones from Burda magazines... :#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I tested Popolok Design pattern before. They are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love her little face :) I hope her leg is better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for testing for us! The top is super cute and she is so adorable. Totally love your version and the fabric combination. Thank you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious model! Beautiful top! I haven't tried making a peplum (yet). Add that to the list!

    ReplyDelete