Thursday, October 4, 2012

Let's hear it for the boys...

Yep, it is Boys week over at project run and play!  WOHOOO!!!

So here is my submission:


100% upcycled outfits for twin boys -
I was inspired to create these shirts by a men's fashion image I found.  I'm not a huge fan of pockets on t's so I nixed that and just went with the button detail and a long sleeve style.
Both shirts are made from old Men's T's.
(My Version)

The Khakis are both out of one pair of my husbands old khakis(that he shrank out of during my pregnancies - how unfair is that ;op).  One pair has cuffs and patch pockets and the other pair have a hand sewn blind hem, welt pockets in the back, and small slash pockets in the front.


More pictures of the outfits at play:




And the Jacket:

Also 100% upcycled.
-The outer hood is an old sweater
- The outer shell of the jacket is an old pair of  my capris
- The lining is a men's dress shirt
-The collar, cuffs, and hood lining are made from my wedding aisle runner (yep I made an aisle runner out of brown knit fabric so that it would match all the other decor.) 

 the jacket has two front pockets, one has a tab and the other has a zipper




It was raining during our little shoot - so within minutes they were damp and dirty.  But that is the point, right - they are little boys and these are their REAL clothes.  They will play in the dirt, run in the rain, and sometimes pick a pretty flower for mama.

1 comment:

  1. that first picture is so great. :) the clothes look amazing! great job.

    ReplyDelete