Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wonderings: or ramblings... take your pick

*HAHAHAH - I wrote this about 5 months ago, and yet it still holds so true today - it also goes to show how true, since it is only now getting posted ;op
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My brain is no longer connecting the dots.

Words are failing me - that is not strange unto itself, I mean I am a sleep deprived mama and all.  But I can't get my children's names straight.  I look at them and blatantly blank on which one they are... it isn't like I'm Michelle Dugger here with 20 names all starting with the same letter - I have three, and the twins don't even look the same ;op

I can't finish a project to save my life.  And for some reason, instead of doing the 20 minutes worth of work to finish project A, B, or C; I spend an hour thinking of and starting project D, E & F.

Someone needs to create a device that will zap me every time my brain begins its wandering into the ether... the land of 'what ifs' and 'how cools'.  A focuser, a distraction blocker (no, not the three little distractions, the internal main frame distractions).  I'd pay for that!


4 comments:

  1. HA! Yep, it's called 'Mommy Brain'. It started pretty much right after I got pregnant and has continued until today. Lost my brain over 5 years ago!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally falling into that! My mind is always working on the next project instead of focusing on what I"m doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So not true...look at all you finished for PR&P. It does get better though...when they start doing things for themselves and having opinions:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you on this. I stand and stare at my fabrics when I've gone to get one fabric to do one project. I end up carrying an armful of fabric and fifty patterns because suddenly I have 50 ideas. None of which I actually start.

    ReplyDelete